We had the pleasure of meeting Cooperathon at the Montreal Startup Open
House and they alerted us to this upcoming event.
Join Cooperathon and you could change the world!
Do you like building / designing things that make people’s lives better? Are you in Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo or Ottawa? Then YOU should sign up for Cooperathon, a part-time hackathon for social good put on by Desjardins. 🤩 The short of it: sign up for free with the code TOVIP. For more info: cooperathon.com/edition-2018-canada/?lang=en
Cooperathon is a part-time hackathon for social good over 3 Saturdays and a Thursday evening. Built into the program is free, super valuable training that focuses on design thinking, prototyping and pitching offered by expert facilitators (worth $5000 dollars!). Prizes are worth $100,000!! Here are some other key points:
- The goal of Cooperathon is to create social impact startups or projects around one of 4 themes: Health, Education, Finance, or Environment and Energy.
- Cooperathon is the biggest open innovation competition in Canada, so doing well here can really help launch an idea and get recognition.
- Cooperathon projects don’t have to be tech-based, although they certainly can be. Awesome opportunity for design enthusiasts to show what they can do!
- The program is part-time and super flexible (so it works around student and other busy schedules). The workshop days are recommended but not mandatory.
- If you’re already working on a social impact project or startup related to one of the themes, you can choose to focus on the regional pitch competition (Oct 20). You can attend the workshops that make sense for you and then pitch what you’re working on. You must still register for Cooperathon and be in a team of 2 - 8 people.
- The event kicks off in Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo and Ottawa with team formation events on Friday, Sept 28, and the first sprint day is Saturday, Sept 29.
Sign up here: lickst.at/cooperathontorontovip
Make sure that you sign up for free with the code TOVIP