Happy Lunar New Year!
According to TheChineseZodiac.org, the Chinese Zodiac’s complexity “lies in the Oriental system of reckoning time, the key players being the Sun, Moon and Jupiter, which are seen to traverse the heavens at vastly different speeds to one another. The year is based on the movement of the Moon and calculated according to the lunar phases.” Each year in the 12-year cycle is represented by one animal sign: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Monkey, Sheep, Rooster, Dog, Pig.
Every year is also represented with one of five elements: Gold (Metal), Wood, Water, Fire, Earth.
This year lands on the Earth element, making 2018 the Year of the Earth Dog, which is extremely exciting for the folks here at my beloved Clausehound.com.
For those of you born in the year of the dog, it’s important to note the difference in characteristics between the Dog and the Earth Dog.
The Dog is objective and communicates justice and good advice. The dog is also a critical thinker and tackles obstacles with strong motivation. Although the dog is attached to its beliefs and morals, it adheres to the majority rules. The dog understands money and power on a professional level, ensuring a stable value scale. The dog is “friendly and calm”, is responsible and values its morals but will sometimes overwork itself and demand too much from others. Humble, the dog doesn’t exploit its power and delegates tasks with understanding and reason. Failure won’t bring it down and success is taken modestly.
The Earth Dog places its own special qualities on “The Dog”, and those can be broken into five categories:
- Personality: “Earth Dogs are generous, broad-minded and patient.” They have no problem understanding other people’s perspectives and pride themselves on discipline and responsibility. Unphased by authorities, they challenge where challenge is due.
- Career: “Their career is quite average when they are young.” Earth Dogs dislike competition in the workplace, office politics can be considered tiresome. Their career may improve in their later years.
- Wealth: “There is no big rise and fall for their luck of wealth.” If given the opportunity, Earth Dogs can profit immensely but also experience loss quickly.
- Love: “They are faithful in every relationship.” Earth Dogs have trouble expressing their inner feelings but have the potential to meet true lovers.
- Health: “There is no severe problem on their health, but they still need to take exercise to keep fit”
Not sure what year you were born in? To find your personal sign, consult this list:
- Rat: 2008, 1996, 1984, 1972, 1960
- Ox: 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973, 1961
- Tiger: 2010, 1998, 1986, 1974, 1962
- Rabbit: 2011, 1999, 1987, 1975, 1963
- Dragon: 2012, 2000, 1988, 1976, 1964
- Snake: 2013, 2001, 1989, 1977, 1965
- Horse: 2014, 2002, 1990, 1978, 1966
- Monkey: 2015, 2003, 1991, 1979, 1967
- Sheep: 2016, 2004, 1992, 1980, 1968
- Rooster: 2017, 2005, 1993, 1981, 1969
- Dog: 2018, 2006, 1994, 1982, 1970
- Pig: 2019, 2007, 1995, 1983, 1971).
So what’s in store for the year of the dog?
TheChineseZodiac.org predicts that although 2018 is supposed to be a well-rounded year, it will be very exhausting and stressful. It’s also predicted that this year will be good financially, but lacking health-wise - get active!
In 2018, our team at Clausehound.com has a special attachment to this year’s celebration.
This dog is travelling to New York City!!
We’ve just been accepted into the Canadian Tech Accelerator New York NYC, and will be opening an office in Manhattan in the next few weeks. We’re hopeful that this Year of the Earth Dog brings us plenty of learning and growth over here at the ‘Hound.
All of us at Clausehound.com are looking forward to a great year and wish you all the best of luck in this year’s ventures! Happy Lunar New Year!